- Pride in the graduates, researchers and partners of the University of Quebec in Outaouais (UQO), reflected both in the dynamism of volunteers and staff, and in the increased influence of the UQO in its environment and in the world;
- Loyalty and loyalty to the UQO, from every person of the Foundation (donor, volunteer, employee), two values shared and expressed by gestures and actions animated by a great feeling of belonging to the University and the great region it serves;
- Integrity with donors and recipients, both in the transparency and efficiency of fund management, as well as in the philanthropic conviction and active engagement of volunteers and staff.
Donor Bill of Rights
CHARTER OF RIGHTS DONOR
The PHILANTHROPY is manifested by the performance of selfless acts for the good of others. It inspires a tradition of giving and sharing that is essential to the quality of life. To ensure that philanthropy earns and maintains the respect and trust of the public, and that current and future donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and the causes they are asked to support, we declare that any donor has the following rights:
- Be aware of the organization’s mission, how it intends to use the donations made to it, and its ability to use them effectively for the reasons they are being solicited.
- Be informed of the identity of the members of the board of directors of the organization and expect the board to exercise judgment and prudence in exercising its responsibilities.
- Have access to the latest financial statements of the organization.
- Receive the assurance that his gifts will be used for the purpose in which they are made.
- Receive the appropriate thanks and recognition.
- Receive assurances that information regarding donations will be treated with the respect and confidentiality provided by law.
- Expect that all relationships with the people representing the organizations he is interested in are professional.
- To know if those who ask for it are volunteers, employees of the organization or contract solicitors.
- Have the opportunity to have your name removed from mailing lists that an organization may want to share with others.
- Feel free to ask questions when making a donation and promptly receive truthful and honest answers.
This Donor Bill of Rights was developed by: American Association of Fund Raising Counsel (AAFRC), Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP) , Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), and CARRIED PAR Private Sector, National Catholic Development Conference (NCDC), Council for Resource Development (CRD) and United Way of America
Adopted by the Board of Directors of the UQO Foundation May 2013 by resolution CA-174-02.